Thursday, June 25, 2009

My July Party

Not only is July filled with sun and fun, but for me it's extra special. Why...because I get to plan a birthday party for my daughter. With July being so hot, what better party to have but a beach party. Not only is it fun, but it's affordable. A great way to cut the cost is to make the food yourself. I know, it could be a lot of work depending on the number of people invited, but the savings will be worth it. Make a simple menu (hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, onion rings, cake, drinks), and buy in bulk. To make my parties extra special I add a "bonus feature". For the beach party, the "bonus feature" is getting a local ice cream truck to stop by and serve the guest for 1/2 hour...not only will you be the talk of the neighborhood, but you will be your child's hero. (TIP: PUT A LIMIT ON THE AMOUNT YOU WANT TO SPEND FOR THE ICE CREAM.) Check out this easy BBQ Baked Beans Recipe that is quick and easy to add to your menu http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/down-home-with-the-neelys/barbeque-baked-beans-recipe/index.html Eat well and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog