Monday, June 29, 2009

Setting the table

I'm a Food Network junkie and one of my faviorte host is Ina Garten (the Barefoot Contessa). She is so at ease in the kitchen no matter if she is preparing a meal for her husband or for a party of 12. She is the master of tablesetting (in my opinion) but I'm sure she's had a lot of practice. First thing to remember in "setting the table" is keep it simple. Mix and match...use a combination of plate, this will create a colorful and festive table setting. In the summertime I love the look of a wood charger against any type of plate setting. Second use "real" napkins. If your plates are colorful, then a plain white napkin will do. To finish the look, add fresh flowers to the table, name cards to each setting and if time permits...personalize the card with something fun.

http://www.potterybarn.com/shop/dinnerware-entertaining/dinnerware-entertaining-sale/dinnerware-sale/index.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog